Perfect Crackle is a 2-step crackle product that dries clear, making it ideal for creating an aged, crackled effect over painted decorative designs and surfaces in two easy steps. Step One seals and Step Two crackles. Both steps dry clear. Can be antiqued to enhance the crackled appearance. It can also be used over plain basecoat surfaces for a glazed, crackled, ceramic look. Non-toxic. Soap and water cleanup.
- Papier mache
- Ceramic bisque
- Terra cotta
- Porcelain surfaces which have been painted with DecoArt acrylic paints
- Decoupaged surfaces
- Apply Step 1 basecoat with a soft brush. Let dry until clear.
- Apply Step 2 top coat, being careful to layer top coat and not mix with basecoat.
- Let dry naturally, do not force dry.
- Drying time will vary, depending on thickness of application and humidity.
- Seal with Americana clear varnish or sealer for added protection.
For tiny cracks, apply light coats of both Step 1 and Step 2. For large cracks, apply 2 to 3 heavy coats of Step 1. When Step 1 is dry to the touch, apply one coat of Step 2, using a soft brush to layer.
Practice on a sample piece to determine the preferred crackle effect.