Makin’s Stainless Steel Ultimate Clay Extruder Set
Stainless Steel Barrel: 8cm x 2cm(dia.)
Twist Screw Handle: 10cm
Dies: Assorted Designs 10 + O ring
Highly recommended as this stainless steel is smooth turning in continuous extrusion of polymer clay, Soap, Industrial styling clay like soft monster clay, profile clay and even wax as the metal body can be warmed in hot water. Unlike clay gun you need thumb pressure. Better design as extrusion piston have an O ring oil seal with a spare ring too to avoid back flow of extrusion materials.
The clay extruder has many uses. It can be used for all typed of clay. With the 10 disc designs you can create many different embellishments for your projects. The round discs are for vines, stems, borders, and letters. The screen discs are for hair, grass, straw, and floral stamens. The flat slot discs are for weaving baskets, lattice, ribbons and bows. The square, triangle, half round discs are for bricks, logs, borders, and can be cut and used for small beads.
To use the clay extruder:
- Select the desired disc and place it in the Bottom Cap and screw it onto the barrel.
- For metal clay use soft pliable clay for best results.
- For polymer clay, knead a small amount to soften the clay before extruding.
- Always put soft clay in from the Bottom of Barrel, do not pull and force the plunger out if there is still clay in the extruder as it may damage the plunger.
Six Easy Steps to start extruding:
- Condition your clay so it is no too hard.
- Unscrew Bottom Cap.
- Turn the T-handle counter-clockwise to allow room in the barrel for the amount of clay to be extruded.
- Load soft clay from the bottom of the Barrel (NOT from the top).
- Choose desired disc, out it in the Bottom Cap and screw it on the barrel.
- Turn the T-handle clockwise ti extrude.
Follow these steps to clean:
- Unscrew the Bottom Cap.
- Extrude ALL the remaining clay out before cleaning.
- Remove residual clay and clean the disc.
- Unscrew The T-handle bar out as far as you can.
- Uncrew Top Cap.
- Slowly pull the rod straight out – do not angle plunger when removing from the barrel (as the rubber ring helps cleanse inner wall of the barrel as it goes).
- Clean the plunger and the barrel.
- Reverse the steps to reassemble the Ultimate Clay Extruder.
** NEVER pull the rod out with clay still inside the barrel.
This will create a vacuum suction and could break the plunger off from the rod.
Not intended for use by children 12 years old or younger.